Shabby Blog

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Birthday Bliss

Here in the Davis household, we have had a rash of birthday parties as of late. None of ours, mind you. All of Kayt's friends at school are turning 4. Our weekends have been filling up! The latest one was at The Little Gym. Kaythlen had a blast! Steve got to go in and help her on some of the equipment. Not me. The second I walked in, she turned into a big baby who wouldn't leave my side. Steve got to have fun, and I had to stand behind the window and watch. What's up with that? I finally got to go in and snap a few pictures.



Kayt on the parallel bars. The sun was shining bright that day, so this isn't the best picture.



They had free time and some coordinated activities. This was the first time I walked in when Kaythlen decided I should be glued to her side. She isn't waving at me in this pic. She's whining.



She loved walking up the "wall" and flipping over (which required a lot of effort on Steve's part).



The balance beam took some convincing to get her to try. After one turn, she was hooked. Now Steve and I are trying to figure out what to do for her party (we have until August, so it's not crucial as of yet). Some of these things are great fun, but SO expensive. What have you done for your kid's party that was fun and financially sound?

Carie

1 comment:

  1. One of my friends little girls had a princess dress-up party at her house. She had a trunk full of dress-up clothes for them to try on (not keep!), a station where they got their finger nails and toe nails painted (that was my job), stick on earrings, and then she took each of their pictures all dressed up. (She sent the picture of each little girl to the parents in the thank you notes she sent after the party.) Then they played games like pin the crown on the princess and pass the purse. (The purse had cheap fake jewelry in it. They sat in a circle and passed the purse until the Hannah Montana music stopped and whoever was holding the purse got to pick some jewelry out of the purse to wear.) It was her 5th b-day party, and the girls had a blast!! It made me think about Kayt because I know she loves to dress-up! If there were going to be a lot of little girls at the party, you could send out in the invitation for them to come dressed up in their favorite dress-up clothes instead of providing them. Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete