Shabby Blog

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Diaper Cake 101!

Today I tried something new. I'll let you be the judge as to whether it was a success or not. One of the girls I work with is having a baby girl. I'd add her name to the post, but she hasn't made up her mind yet. She "thinks" her name will start with a "K", but we will see. Drives me nuts! Apparently, I'm a planner. hehe



The nursery is pink and brown.



The crown is a little jewelry box that I painted to match her room.



There are extra bottles in the middle of the cake that the Mommy will get to keep as well.



Hope it works with the other things our co-workers are bringing as the centerpiece of the table. I'm thinking it could have used more baby items, but I'll remember that for next time!

Carie

2 comments:

  1. That is super cute! See, it is not that hard! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so funny that you posted this. I have a post scheduled for Sunday that debuts the diaper cake I made for a shower coming up. It was my first attempt and I have always wanted to make one as well. Of course, it is for a boy...so not as cute as one for a girl. Great minds think alike, huh?

    ReplyDelete