Shabby Blog

Search This Blog

Friday, August 3, 2012

Window Dressings

Today for Show Us Your Life at Kelly's Korner, she's doing window treatments.  I can't stand bare windows, so I'm SO excited to get new ideas.  My entire house (with the exception of one window) has white wooden blinds.  But sometimes you just need a little more to dress it up.  


Here is my oldest daughter's room.  I love using window treatments to add pops of color to the room.  But these were just missing something.  I added the feather boas at the top to give it just a little more presence in the room.  Love them!  So girly!


This is my youngest daughter's room.  Her room is green, pink, and orange.  I needed more orange, but it's not as easy to find as you would think.  My mom found these "stringy" panels and they were perfect.  They are also perfect for her to play with, or so she thinks.


All of my other rooms have just the blinds, but my living room window was too big.  I'd have had to use two sets and split them in the middle to cover it.  I wasn't a fan of that.  I decided to do panels, but I hadn't found what I wanted...until now.  My mother-in-law found these and they are almost a burlap material.  I'm thrilled!


This is half of the window that's too big.  I'm going to hand the burlap blinds here with sheers behind them after I take down those cheap plastic builder blinds.  I've had those ugly things for a few, umm four, years now.  My husband was sitting in the chair in front of the other half of this window and didn't want to be pictured.  hehe


And since the dining room is open to the living room, my mother-in-law grabbed another set for here.  Hanging them is in the plans for this weekend!  So excited!  Can't wait to get more great ideas!

Carie

1 comment:

  1. I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner to check out your window treatments.
    I recently changed our master bedroom curtains from tab light blue curtains to chocolate brown blackout. What a positive difference they made.
    I still want to purchase something for our patio doors. Maybe I'll get some ideas from my tour!
    Great choices on your curtains. The boa definitely adds that extra pop to the window.

    ReplyDelete