Shabby Blog

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Back to it

Today is day 3 of being back to work.  I'm re-thinking my bright idea to suffer this week instead of getting up earlier last week.  Kennedy decided to wake up a little earlier than usual last week, but it didn't prepare me for 6 am.  Ick!  This week is without kids...mostly in-service and just getting organized.  It's nice to have adult conversations again, but I miss my girls like crazy.  Kayt is at Steve's Mom's house.  I didn't even get to talk to her Monday (I tried calling but got no answer).  So missing her right now. 


Miss Kennedy is doing good at the babysitter's so far.  She doesn't sleep there, but she never slept at daycare either.  It's throwing our evening schedule off BIG time, but I know we'll adjust.  We pulled her out of daycare this year and she's at an in-home babysitter's instead.  She was sick ALL last year, and the ratio for her new room was going to be 2/17.  If one teacher is changing a diaper, that leaves another to watch 16 18-month-olds.  While the state says it's legal, I think it's ridiculous.  I'd much rather my baby be where she is, and I know she can get one-on-one attention with lots of love. 


I had to get my TB skin test done for work.  It's a yearly event when you work with kids.  No big deal, but I have an allergic reaction to them.  Not the TB reaction, but my arm bruises really bad and they always think I have TB but I don't.  Such fun. This is what it looks like on day one.  Just wait...it'll be SO pretty in a day or two.  Ugh!  Does anyone else have this reaction??

Carie

No comments:

Post a Comment