Shabby Blog

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 17, 2011

SUYL Christmas!

Kelly's Korner is hosting a Christmas tour, so I had to join in. I'm late (shocking, really) but better late than never! This post has lots of pics, but I promise it could have had more. I decorate EVERY room in the house for Christmas. I just love this time of year!



This is a shot of my oldest daughter's tree. I usually put up one 9 ft tree, three 6 ft trees, and two mini trees. This year we went with two of the 6 ft and the baby's smaller tree. She's into everything, and I figured it was just smarter/safer this way!



Kayt's room is all the bright happy colors.



I love this girl on her tree...naughty or nice?



Every tree I own has a bird on it for luck, but I love the butterfly ornament here.



Last year, Kayt asked Santa for a tree for her little sister who wasn't born yet. Of course, he had to comply with a wish as sweet as that one!



How fitting this ornament is for her!



I went with black, pink, and silver on this one. I think I took ballet for way too many years...can't get away from it!



Even though I didn't put up the tree (9 ft) in our living room, we still had to do the mantle. The urn above the mantle has tons of berries in it, but I couldn't get them to show up well in a pic.



I picked up this wrought iron tree a few years ago....I love it wrapped with garland!



My dining room is always my favorite room in the house. Probably because it's used the least and stays looking the best. Ha!



The tree in the dining room is all pine cones, birds, and berries. Very natural...I didn't even do lights this year.



Love the top of this tree!



I tend to do the family room in snowmen. Since it's open to our entry, they always wind up migrating.



My husband has gotten better about Christmas since we've had kids, but we got him these blocks a long time ago. He gets frustrated when people forget the true reason for the holiday.



All of the bedrooms have bedding and a theme....ours is classic Christmas...full of Santa! I have spared you pics of every room...just ours this year.



My favorite, favorite Santa!



And, did I mention that all the bathrooms have Christmas towels? Ours just has simple snowflakes, but we go all out in the other two.



I had to get this guy a few years ago. We have two labs, so it's very fitting!



My Christmas geese on the mantle in the hearth room.



And, since I don't have a window by the sink, we hang this here. It definitely brightens up the kitchen. The entire kitchen is done in gingerbread men. I'll try and get posts up of the rest of the rooms for people who are interested in seeing them! Can't wait to see what everyone else does!

Carie

1 comment:

  1. Wow all of your decor is beautiful! Makes mine look pitiful! I love the Christmas tree in your oldest daughters room it is adorable! I tried to do what you did on the top of your other daughter's tree, but I failed miserably so I gave up!! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Thanks for sharing your decor with us!

    ReplyDelete