Shabby Blog

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

And so it begins....maybe

I used to run. When we first moved to the Memphis area, I had nothing else to do with myself, so I got the Couch to 5k program loaded up and off I went. I worked up to the 5k distance. Once I got to the point that I could run a mile or two without dying, it was a HUGE stress relief for me. Then I hurt my ankle trying to increase my speed. Then my best friend moved here and I decided that it was WAY more fun to work out with her than run by myself. Needless to say, I couldn't run around the block at this point if you paid me to. Alas, my friend is leaving me, and it's back to running. Mainly because I'm too cheap to pay for a gym membership right now. Plus, I'd love to be able to run a 5k with these beautiful girls one day!





Isn't it crazy that I'm going to torture myself in order to set a better example of health for them? The things mothers' do for their children! Ha! Admittedly, I have been saying that I was going to start running for a few weeks now. Maybe since I'm posting this, I'm finally ready to start??? Maybe not...I'll keep you posted!

Carie

No comments:

Post a Comment