Shabby Blog

Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

Nacho Family Reunion 2011

This weekend we attended the Nacho Family Reunion 2011! We loaded up the sick children (Kayt wound up with an ear infection on Friday...her first since she got tubes at 2 and a half) and drove to Petit Jean Mountain in Arkansas. This was our second annual reunion. It started out as a fun way to get friends together and became a "reunion" of sorts. The Not Your Family Family Reunion is now the "Nacho" family reunion. Easier to say, and let's admit, much funnier. Last year we had 6 families. This year we added two...almost three but there were complications with the third family. We gather together to "camp" out....I put that in quotes because anyone who knows me knows that camping is SO not my style. We hang out in three, three-bedroom houses that just happen to be further removed from civilization than I'm used to. On the agenda this year were multiple activities. All pics are courtesy of my friend, Renee's, facebook page. I didn't take many, and no one else has posted any for me to steal yet. Thanks, Nae!



Saturday morning starts out with a hike. The kids LOVE to hunt for bears in the caves!



There is always a rock to climb.



How cute are these four?



There are lookout areas.



Water sports are always fun...someone please teach my child how to slip-n-slide!



After hiking and water games, there's the annual kickball tournament. Harrison got a good lick on this one!



Joedy working on his pitch...I have to say we did have to switch pitchers, but only because his shoulder was sore...not because he was awful at it. This game is SERIOUS. Injuries are always incurred! If you get in the way, someone WILL take you down. This year, Steve's team was victorious. Sadly, all the old folks were sore on Sunday! Ha!



And some of us prefer to watch on and snuggle (or chew on a closed mountain dew bottle...your choice).

Hope you all had a great weekend! When I can steal more pics, I will share!

Carie









No comments:

Post a Comment