Shabby Blog

Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

2-week Check-up

Today was Kennedy's two-week check-up. Of course, it would just HAVE to snow the day before, melt enough before dark, and ice over before her appointment. I called this morning and they could only move her appointment back 30 minutes...the afternoon was full. My sweet, sweet husband stayed home from work and drove us there. I'm not the greatest driver in the world when there is ice on the road (or any other time if we're being totally honest).



Here's my girl in her car seat for the first time since she came home from the hospital. Meme was here and was nice enough to stay home with Kayt so we wouldn't have to get both girls out on the ice. Kayt was a little upset that she didn't get to go, but she recovered quickly.



Kennedy loved the car ride. Well, only as long as the car was on and moving. She's not a big fan of just the car seat. She HATES to be cold, so she was bundled under many, many blankets and she was sporting a hat made by turtle feathers.



We caught on to the hatred of the car seat when she threw a huge fit at the doctor's office. Steve had to take her out and hold her to calm her down. She fell asleep right before they made us strip and weigh her. Isn't that about right? Of course, she fell asleep again waiting for the doctor. She is still 3 oz. below her birth weight, and she has grown 1/2 of an inch. The doctor said they like for babies to be back at their birth weight by now, but since she is eating well and going 3 to 3.5 hours between feedings, she's obviously not hungry for more. Now, if he could just tell me why she HATES to be changed (clothes and diapers). How am I supposed to dress her up cute like her sister when she screams at me all the time???

Carie

1 comment:

  1. I am loving all of the blog posts!! I'm glad your mama wants to see pics everyday because that means I get to see, too!!

    ReplyDelete