Shabby Blog

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 26, 2012

A little of this...

Today's post is random.  I mean, it's more random than my normal posts, if that's possible.  I've been trying to enjoy my last few days with my girls since I go back to work on Monday (barring a HUGE promotion for my husband or a lottery win, that is).  It's just too hot to do anything fun. We hibernate in the air conditioning.  Even trips to Target, my favorite place, sound like work at this point.  


This is what I woke up to this morning.  Kayt decided to play dress up while her sister and I were sleeping.  I'm going to miss sleeping until 9am.  Six is going to come awfully early.  I should probably get back on that schedule before Monday, but I like my sleep so I'll just suffer next week.



Kennedy is teething right now.  This is one of her rare happy moments.  I think it's worse that she's waited this late to get her teeth.  It seems to bother her more than it does little ones.


The girls were walking in circles together this morning from the living room, through the dining room, into the kitchen, and back again.  On one of the passes, they had on backpacks.  Kayt said she was dropping Kennedy off at school before she went to her 5th grade class.  I guess she sees the older kids do that at school.  I think it's hilarious that the backpack is almost as big as Kennedy.


This is how Kayt occupied herself at the doctor's office today.  Kennedy had her 18 month appointment.  She weighs 25lbs and is 32" long.  She's SO much smaller than Kayt was at this age.  I know that's not tiny, but compared to my first one, it is.  Kayt hated hearing Kennedy scream when she got her shot.  Luckily, it was only one that our previous doctor's office had forgotten. So glad I changed doctors.  And the nurse handed her a cookie right after her shot.  The screams didn't last long! 

Another random thought, but I'm working on my Christmas shopping this week.  How early do you start yours?

Carie

No comments:

Post a Comment