Shabby Blog

Search This Blog

Friday, July 27, 2012

On display

This week, Kelly at Kelly's Korner's topic for Show Us Your Life is picture displays.  I'm looking for new, great ideas because I have tons of pictures.  It makes my happy to have friends, family, and especially my babies all around me.  I've done some groupings with black frames and some with mixed frames.  I'm finding great ideas on Pinterest...it's just a matter of the time to get them done.  





Most of my groups are in hallways.  This is the little hallway as you come into my bedroom.  There is absolutely no good angle to take a picture from for this.  I love the black and whites mixed with big and small.  On the far left is an artists' rendering of our engagement picture.  I LOVE it.  I've just gotta talk him into doing one of each of my girls!


This is down the hallway to the girls' rooms.  I used black frames, brown frames, and silver.  This is where we have friends that are family and family mixed together.


Please excuse the treadmill in this picture.  This used to be over my desk, but since I've started running, I needed a permanent setup for the treadmill.  I'm not a huge fan of running, so the idea of my running in 100 degree heat with 100% humidity is ridiculous.  I'll take my treadmill with a fan in front of it any day.

Pictures

I found this on Pinterest here.  I love the idea of the shelves lined with pictures. 

Print off any picture you want, spray paint a piece of wood black, and cut the picture to match the size of the wood.  Using Mod podge coat the wood then lay the picture on top. Once it has dried thoroughly, use sandpaper to rough up the edges, then put a layer of mod podge over the picture.  paint some eye hooks and use pretty ribbon as a hanger and voila!

I found this idea here.  I'd love to try this!

DIY Stacked Wall Frames

And this one is here.  Isn't it fabulous, especially with that pop of color! 

Carie

2 comments:

  1. Love all your pictures.. so cute! I really need to get a gallery wall going in my house!

    ReplyDelete