Shabby Blog

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Kennedy is 18 months old!

Wow!  That's all I can say.  I cannot believe that I've been blessed with this little angel for 18 months (and 10 days....yes, I'm late) already.  I'm also thankful for the job that I have which gives me the entire summer to spend with my girls.  I couldn't imagine life without this special time.  I will not lie and say there are not days this one makes me want to pull out all the hair that I have.  But while I'm screaming inside, I'm also thanking God for my girls and the time I have with them.  How lucky am I that they love each other so much! 




Kennedy, here is what you are up to these days:




You have some of the sweetest moments when you just want to snuggle.  I'm so thankful for this.  When you were in daycare, we rarely got hugs, kisses, or loves.  Now you give them freely. 


You still LOVE your paci.  You have been teething (finally) and refuse to teethe on anything else.  We used to make you keep your paci in your bed, but it really seems to help you, so we have let you keep it lately.  Don't worry...when those teeth come all the way in, it's going back in the bed.  And when you hit the grand old age of two, you're going to learn to throw it in the trash.  (Mommy has high hopes, huh?  hehe)


You are learning to share.  You'll even share your paci's (eww!).  You are getting much better at interacting with your sister and friends.  However, you are VERY possessive of certain things, and when you want it, it's yours no matter what we tell you.  Stubborn little rot!


You are in to everything!  Things we never had to put up or out of reach with your sister have been up for a while.  You are determined to have anything that you're not supposed to.  And you're so proud when you get it.  You're full of energy...I know you don't feel good when you actually sit with me for a while.  You love to be outside.  You always ask to go "side".  It's so hot and miserable right now that you get told "no" a lot.  You really don't like that word.  (Who does?)


I am still loving these blue eyes.  You have much more hair than you did before, but it's so light that you still look bald.  You shock people when you start running around because they think you are younger than you actually are.  You have your top two teeth, your bottom two teeth, and all four of your one-year molars have finally broken through.  Those were tough!  We took you to the doctor for a cold last week and you were 25.7 lbs.  I'm figuring after the week you spent at your Marme and Poppy's, you gained at least 3 more.  You're eating all kinds of things now that you didn't before.  I'm so thankful for that.  I felt awful for always giving you the same thing over and over.  It was all you'd eat for a while, but you're branching out now.


You are so expressive.  I can tell by the look on your face what mood you are in...and it changes by the second.  You are using so many words that I can't keep up.  You put two together, but not three yet.  You are down to one nap a day, but it's usually 2.5 to 3 hours.  You sleep for about 12 hours at night.


You are majorly routine oriented.  You like things to happen like they always do.  You know when we brush our teeth, when we fix our hair, when we take a bath, and you make sure you sister follows the routine.  You will holler "a-tee" for your sister constantly to  make sure she's keeping up.  You have even started telling us when you are wet or poopy.  I predict potty training will come WAY earlier than I am ready for.  You are also obsessed with shoes.  You always want to have them on, and you make sure everyone keeps up with theirs.  If you can get your daddy to start putting his in the closet, I'll give you a special prize!  You love to sing, dance, and read.  It melts my heart to watch you when music comes on!  




We love you, little biscuit, and are so blessed to have you with us!

Carie

No comments:

Post a Comment